By becoming a member of the the Advanced Power & Energy Cluster, there are a variety of services and benefits at your disposal.
Advanced Power & Energy Cluster Network
The Power & Energy Cluster principally exists as a way to connect qualified, high technology product and service providers to the customer – the Department of Defense and the armed services, agencies and warfighters that comprise it. The Cluster’s main service is to help make those connections, or to facilitate ways for Cluster members to make them, through numerous collaborative methods.
Members who have been qualified by the Defense Alliance and its partners can sign in and visit the Member Section of the website to see detailed information about other members, as well as news and information about additional Department of Defense opportunities (such as Requests for Proposal).
While the Cluster staff and its partners are focused on finding and qualifying members and opportunities, and providing connections where possible, it is up to members to take advantage of the network this effort represents and find innovative ways to capitalize on information, connections and partnerships that exist.
The Defense Alliance and its partners work with members to determine the level of support a member needs, provide support and counseling, and when necessary, provide recommendations for follow-on, fee-based counseling. when necessary. The Defense Alliance and its partners assist members in identifying technologies, focus areas, partners, and milestones, as well as establish and provide insight into progress tracking.
New Business Identification
The Defense Alliance and its partners can provide approved members with updates and information on new technologies, new opportunities, and new energy sector data using market research services.
The Defense Alliance and its partners can provide menthorship and guidance regarding business functions in the following subject areas:
- Business Training, Counseling and Mentoring
- Technology Transfer Counseling
- Commercialization of Existing Research & Development Counseling
- Engagement with Defense SBIR / STTR, BAA and other federal and state Research & Development Programs
- Support for Underserved Communities
- Export Readiness Counseling / ITARS
- Management of business growth
- Building customer bases particularly with Department of Defense Program Offices
- Building networks, partnerships and teaming relationships for complex proposals
- Assisting in market development
- Assisting in ascertaining Department of Defense technology development requirements and priorities, and matching and operationalizing cluster technology and capabilities to best meet identified needs
- Assisting in developing areas of defense high growth potential, particularly in the area of Advanced Power & Energy (including, but not limited to Generation, Storage, Distribution, Conservation and supporting technology)
- DoD Technology Readiness Level (TRL) counseling